Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Say hello to our new bathroom sink!

My goal is to try to post after each day we complete work on the bathroom. I had a lot of fun this weekend getting back into my groove and then I realized when I first woke up this morning why we don't do this much anymore lol.
After sanding and prepping the surface the day before, It was time to add the primer.
                                                   And added a second coat of primer....
As you can see, even sanding didn't really do a great job hiding the imperfections, which is going to make painting quite an interesting job...I will have to research my options..so for now, I am just leaving it as it is for now...

My next step was to go through the big pile of cedar boards we pulled down from the prior day and pull out the ones we can re-purpose. I pulled all of the nails out and started applying a first layer of primer to each board and let them dry.
     And then I applied a second coat of primer. After they dried, I applied the first coat of paint. While that was drying, I went to go check on my hubby to see his progress.

So he managed to remove all of the wall tiles in this section, removed the heat register, and got rid of the awful pedestal sink. Well, we didn't get rid of it..it's siting in the basement for the time being, we are thinking of adding a half bathroom downstairs if and when we eventually remodel the basement.
 First panel of chair rail up to create a natural border.
  Slowly and carefully install each panel. This includes applying adhesive to the first one and then using special concrete screws.
Looking better already!
                                                                    New sink in place.
                                                      Modern, bronze finished faucet.
       When all of the panels are in place I will cover up those screws and apply another coat of paint,   but for now, I think I can handle this new look over those dreaded wall tiles.
                                Floorboard molding..I guess the flooring doesn't look all that bad...

Well, that was enough work for one day. The rest will have to be pulled out and worked on in sections. I think the biggest and most time consuming part of this whole project will be to pull the same ugly wall tile down that is in the shower, and replace it with more modern glass subway tile.
So tell me what you think. Any ideas for painting a textured wall like we have in the bathroom?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment