Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday Morning

So this has been officially my first weekend working on the nursery. Joshua started with the heavy duty work, and I spent most of Saturday painting the ceiling and working on finishing touches around the edges and repainting the floor molding.
My next big step is assembling the furniture which I brought home from Ikea. The big mistake I made last night was putting together the nightstand at 9pm when I was utterly exhausted from painting for the better half of the day. It took me much longer than expected and there was an unexpected amount of hardware to put this tiny thing together. It took me about an hour which had me dreading putting together the rest of the furniture..The changing tablet didn't have as many pieces and maybe took me, at most, a half hour to assemble. The next one I thought I would tackle was the 5 drawer chest.
Those of you who are not familiar with Ikea, they sure know how to package their furniture well:

The first task is actually finding the instruction manual..to do that, you have to take eeeeeverything out of the box.
Look at all this hardware! 
Finally! The instructions to put this thing together..

After 2 hours, I have a finished piece of furniture for the nursery =) Only one more to go! 





No comments:

Post a Comment