Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Hunt Begins

Today is the day that we begin looking at prospects for our next house. I am excited, and a little scared at the same time. This is going to be the house that we are going to spend at least the next ten years in, raise our children in. We are going to invest a lot of time and money into this house hoping to turn out some sort of investment by the time we sell it. We really need to focus in on location, school, neighbors, and look at trends. There are some really nice affordable houses on this one street, but many of them have started going on the market..why is this? This somewhat scares me, and if we are really interested in one of these houses, I would want to do some research into why this is occuring....
I am not sure what my husband will be thinking, but here is what I will be looking for:
-Ceilings and walls have no cracks with water damage.
-Windows are sealed and there is little to no draft.
-2 bathrooms are a must. If there is 1 bathroom, I would like to be able to add another one to it. This   will increase the resale value of the house.
-Fireplace or preferably a wood stove insert to save on heating bills in the winter.
-3 Bedrooms.
-Fully fenced yard.
-character is a must...i'm tired of looking at housing tracks...how boring!

I know Joshua will be looking for a bonus room to transform into a lounge room where he can install a bar...other then that, wish us luck! I will be blogging details of each house we see and pondering what kind of potential they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment