Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday March 19, 2013

After spending the better half of Saturday doing chores and tidying up the house, we recieved a phone call from the realtor saying that another person wanted to see the house. Only problem was that it was St. Patty's day and the showings were three hours apart. Everytime we show the house, we have to pack our dog, bird, and pet rats in a car and drive around for about an hour until we can go home. Not only that, but by time the second showing is over, there is no time to make cornbeef and cabbage, and no time to relax. My weekend was pretty much shot.
We haven't heard back from the first showing, but the guy from the second showing really liked our house. If all of these people are really liking our house and are not giving any negative feedback, what can we do to expediate the sale of our house? As per our realtor, nothing. They all say that the price is too high. Ok, well, if you really like the house, you make a lower offer. I feel like either these people don't know how to play the game or they are trying to just make us drop the price. Our house has been on the market for two weeks, not going to happen anytime soon.
This Sunday is Rochester's city living Sunday on the east side, which makes it a pretty big day for us and possibly the best chance we have of selling this house. Got a call from the realtor this morning saying there is someone that wants to come see the house on Saturday morning to see the house before Sunday and sound very excited about it. I would like to have a positive mindset, but I don't really want to get my hopes up. How cool would it be if we had a bidding war on this house? Pretty darn cool. So I am crossing my fingers that we will get an offer this weekend =)
In other news, I am thinking about spring and gardening, thanks to the Lowe's home and garden magazine that I recieve.

How cute are the these little planter boxes with trellises attached to the back?! You can plant something that winds up the trellis. They would make a decorative addition to any front porch, back porch, patio, or garden.

I love the idea of this Trellis surrounded by all of the bright vegetation. I travelled to Paris with my Aunt last fall and it kind of reminds me of the eifel tower. Add a bird bath and some plants that attract butterflies, and you have created yourself one peaceful little oasis.
 
There is this one house that my husband and I have our eyes on, and the one bedroom off the back of the house has windows surrounding the entire room and let in a lot of light. This screen would look wonderful in a corner. The only thing I might add to it are some decorative candles coming out of it. A small cafe table with some chairs, and a rug would make it a cute room to hang out in on a Saturday morning while having a cup of coffee with the man. Well, at least on Saturdays where I don't have to work!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment